- Chinese citizens aged 3 and above may apply for a library reader’s card with a valid certification(ID card, temporary residence permit, residence booklet, army’s ID and driver’s license, etc.); foreigners and Chinese citizens residing abroad may apply for a library reader’s card with a valid certification (passports, etc.).
- Application Procedures
（一）Applicants may apply for a library card via self-service library card issuing terminals or Self-service Library of Urban Neighborhood with second-generation ID cards.
（二）Readers holding other valid certification may apply for a library card at the General Information Desk on the 2nd floor, and need to fill out an application form, select required functions and pay deposits respectively.
（三）Readers under 14 may apply for a library card at the children's service area on the 1st floor.
- Library Card Service Functions and Deposits
- Chinese documents (including Chinese books, Chinese periodicals, audio-visual materials, Braille literature)
Service Functions Deposits Items Reading Free All kinds of books,periodicals and electronic resources Lending for Chinese Materials A refundable deposit of ¥ 50 5 items Lending for Chinese Materials A refundable deposit of ¥ 100 10 items Lending for Overseas Books A refundable deposit of ¥ 200 1 item Lending for Chinese & Overseas Books A refundable deposit of ¥ 300 10 items of Chinese books 1 item of Overseas books Pre-payments Optional Top up your library reader’s card to pay for library transactions such as fines for overdue items, fines for loss or damaged library items or fees on photocopying or printing, etc.
- Library Card Password
（一）The default password of your new library card is your birthday (8 digits, eg.19870901).The password for replacement of old library cards is not changed.
（二）You may change your password or click “Forgot password” button and answer your reminder questions and reset a new password through logging in “My Library” via Shenzhen Library website at http://www.szlib.gov.cn; you may also reset a new password with your valid certification at the General Information Desk on the 2nd floor.
- Office Hours
Urban Neighborhood Self-Service Libraries: 00：00 - 24：00 Mon to Sun
Shenzhen Library: 09：00 a.m. - 21：00 p.m. Tue to Sun（Mon. closed. Opening hours for public holidays, please refer to Library notices）
- Senior citizens and people with disabilities Privileges
- Library card membership registration for the persons aged 60 and above and people with disabilities are to be given a priority.
- Reporting the Loss/Replacement/Resignation of Library card membership:
（一）Reporting the Loss: If you lose your library membership card, please inform the library immediately by phone at 0755-82841200/82841201/82841202/82841203,or sending short message “GS” to 1065755852451000 (users of China Mobile), or signing on “My Library” at http://www.szlib.gov.cn/.
（二）Replacement: If you want to replace a library card, you may pay a registration fee (¥10) for replacement of the library card at the General Information Desk on the 2nd floor at Shenzhen Library with your valid identification documents (ID card, Temporary Residence Permits, residence booklet, Army's ID card, Passport and Driver's license, etc.).
（三）esignation of Library card membership: All outstanding loans and charges should be cleared before resignation(including transactions such as fines for overdue items and other charges). Your library card and ID card are essential when you get refund. If you are not headed for personally, your library card,ID card, and the ID card of the consignor or the agent shall be supplied.